January 25, 2019
Mad River Food Hub is Hiring a Driver's Supervisor
Mad River Food Hub has partnered with Lawson’s Finest Liquids providing logistics and beer delivery services since 2011. Lawson’s Finest Liquids produces beer of the highest quality with outstanding freshness featuring world class IPAs and unique maple brews. The Vermont distribution team, currently based at and operated by the Mad River Food Hub in Waitsfield, VT currently has a great opportunity for a Driver Supervisor to lead the three truck distribution operation in Central Vermont, Chittenden County, Route 4 and I89 five days a week.
The Driver Supervisor is responsible for supervising drivers as well as performing all driver functions coordinating the safe and efficient delivery of beers and other goods based on customer demand.
The Driver Supervisor will regularly review current routes and identify opportunities for efficiency improvements without sacrificing safety and customer service. Additionally, the Driver Supervisor will be staffing and scheduling for multi-stop delivery routes while complying with DOT regulations to include driver hours of service and training requirements. Qualified candidates will be self-driven and have a dedicated focus in workplace safety, quality, efficiency, customer service and continuous improvement.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership by setting an example, being a team-leader and engaging employees
- Nurture a culture of safety and responsibility amongst all employees
- Responsible for driver selection, orientation, monthly safety training and DOT compliance
- Train drivers in roles and responsibilities regarding Encompass Route Accounting Software
- Regularly audit delivery routes and conduct regular feedback sessions with drivers
- Collaborate with other departments in identifying solutions for routing, customer service, accounting and delivery time issues and ensure implementation of corrective actions to exceed customer expectations
- Forecast driver and routing needs to assist for holidays and special events to avoid any disruption to the normal delivery schedule
- Coordinate new customer delivery site analysis for safe and efficient deliveries
- Conduct thorough accident investigations for all driver related accidents
- Monitor Safety compliance and employee adherence to company Safety Standards
- Supervise and ensure all delivery/pickup routes and duties are carried out safely and efficiently
- Enforce policies and procedures for product delivery (truck cleanliness, temperature and service)
- Coordinating maintenance and service of trucks
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned
Skills and Specifications
- Ability to analyze information, make decisions, problem solve, prioritize assignments and lead an ever-changing work environment
- Ability to interact effectively and appropriately with subordinates and management
- Ability to be a team player, motivate and work well under pressure
- Conduct the business of company with the highest ethics and level of integrity
- Capable of preserving confidential or sensitive information
- Effective time management, organization and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication, leadership, and customer service skills
- Strong communication skills in writing and verbal
- Proficiency in Encompass fleet routing software a plus
- Ability to lift up to 60lbs (Log of Beer)
- Able to ascend and descend stairs
- Able to bend, stoop, push, kneel and reach
- Ability to work in wet and cold environments
- Minimum of 2 years’ driver supervisory experience
- Knowledge of workplace safety and distribution
- Must have multi-stop routing experience
- Must be highly knowledgeable in Department of Transportation (DOT) Intrastate & Interstate regulations
- CDL Class B commercial license is a plus, or be qualified to attain a CDL Class B license.
- Willingness to submit to a pre-employment background and motor vehicle report
Interested candidates must be able to work a flexible schedule driving Monday to Friday in addition to extended hours as required by business operations and holidays scheduling.
Located adjacent to the Lawson’s Finest Liquid’s Tap Room and brewery in Waitsfield, Mad River Food Hub has partnered with Lawson’s Finest Liquids providing logistics and delivery services since 2011. Mad River Food Hub offers a stable and professional working environment with competitive salary, excellent employee benefits consisting of health, paid holidays, paid vacation, paid sick leave and beer allowance.
Please email your resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.