« back to news
Mad River Food Hub and Vermont Technical College partner on 4 more meat trainings
Posted on February 22nd, 2017
Mad River Food Hub and Vermont Technical College partner have announced 4 additional meat cutting and value added processing training dates for 2017 and early 2018.
A new 2 day course is being launched in April focused on Sausage and Smoking.
This training will cover the two primary methods of producing meat value-added products: sausage making and smoking. On day one, participants will learn how to fabricate primals for production, trim for sausage, grind, and stuff. On day two, participants will learn how to brine, dry-cure, and smoke bacon, hams, pastrami, and sausages. This training will place an emphasis on maximizing the utilization of an animal, and how to add the most possible value while also producing a delicious product.
- Day 1: Sausage: Intro, pork butchery demo, sausage grinding and stuffing
- Day 2: Smoking: Pork fabrication demo, brining, dry curing, and smoking
Participants will be bringing meat home with them each day!!!
- April 19-20 2 Day Sausage and Smoking
- October 23-27 5 Day Butchery
- November 8-9 2 Day Sausage and Smoking
- January 22-26 (2018) 5 Day Butchery
For more information email email@example.com. Meat Specialist at Mad River Food Hub or to book on a course http://www.vtc.edu/meet-vtc/centers-institutes/ag-institute/short-courses