What is a TasteMonger? A TasteMonger is someone who loves good food. Someone who is always looking to try something new and then tell everyone they know about how amazing that something is. Someone who wants to expand their palate with food and beverage pairings. Someone who wants to educate about makers/growers, tell the story and give a truly rewarding experience to everyone who walks through our door.
Mad River Taste Place:
Opening in late June 2017 the Mad River Taste Place offers customers the opportunity to experience the best in Food and Drink from the Makers and Grower of the Mad River Valley along with the Cheese and Cider Makers of Vermont.
Customers are able to taste, pair and purchase local Cheese, Bread, Butter, Chocolate, Honey, Maple, Craft Beer, Cider, Coffee and Distilled Spirits.
The Taste Place is also home to the Vermont Cheese Council and the Vermont Cider Makers Association.
- Provide excellent customer service and address needs of customers in a timely and effective manner. Surprise and delight the customers with consistent, delicious food.
- Ensure a fresh and appealing display by keeping cases and shelves clean and well stocked by front-facing, checking codes, rotating, and removing out-of-date products.
- Assist customers in selecting cheese, beer/cider, salami and other specialty products.
- Slice and wrap cheeses to customer’s requests using proper cheese shop equipment
- Inform customers of cheese shop specials
- Assist with sampling program, learn about cheeses & accompaniments to better educate and assist the customers
- Assist with demonstrations and other store events
- Ring up purchases on the cash register/responsible cash handling
- Maintain accurate signage and pricing.
- Maintain back stock in good order.
- Maintain a safe, clean and well-organized working and shopping environment
- Operate and sanitize all equipment in a safe and proper manner.
- Fill out and sign off on open/closing duty sheets and cleaning schedules
- Display a positive attitude
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team
- Prior experience working with cheese and other specialty products
- Ability to continuously learn and represent effectively to customers new cheese and beer/cider terms, production methods, taste profiles and paring compliments
- Ability to deliver information in a clear and respectable manner
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures
- Ability to sell proactively
- Ability to learn basic knowledge of all products carried in the Taste Place
- Effective time management skills
- Strong work ethic and integrity
- Ability to visually examine products for quality and freshness
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to walk and stand for long periods of time
Please email a cover letter and resume to Mary Tuthill at firstname.lastname@example.org